Joel E. Barthelemy, CEO
To transform healthcare globally by developing and integrating secure, efficient health delivery systems that improve access and quality of care while eliminating unnecessary costs.
GlobalMed was built on the idea that all people deserve healthcare anytime, anywhere. In the early 2000s, Joel E. Barthelemy, GlobalMed Founder and CEO, was inspired by his dad to change how healthcare is delivered. His dad served in the U.S. Army in both World War II and the Korean War. He lived less than a mile from a Veterans Administration (VA) hospital that lacked the specialist for his service disablement. When he needed to see his specialist, he’d travel by bus to a VA hospital making a 14 hour round trip for a 30 minute consult. Joel knew he could use his experience to develop the technology that could transform healthcare for his dad and most everyone.
Today, GlobalMed provides virtual care delivery technologies in over 60 countries, with 70 specialties and nearly 25 million healthcare consultations to date.
We believe telemedicine is the future of healthcare. GloblMed’s culture is guided by this belief and a deep passion for one basic human right – that all people, no matter where they are, have access to quality, timely health care. The work environment is one of respect, transparency, collaboration, innovation and creative problem-solving.
Headquarted in sunny Scottsdale, Arizona, GlobalMed has the make-it-happen attitude of a startup and the resources and skills of an established scale-up. Our employees are proud to develop solutions that enable healthcare providers to delivery quality care from hospitals and urgent care centers to oil rigs and remote villages in Africa. As a Veteran Owned Small Business, GlobalMed is also a proud supporter of American military veterans with more than 10% of its workforce made up of vets.
WORK WITH US
The healthcare IT market is projected to reach USD 390.7 billion by 2024 from USD 187.6 billion in 2019. GlobalMed is looking for smart, passionate people who thrive on complex challenges, work hard on meaningful projects, and enjoy celebrating our success together as we embrace our role as change agents for the industry.
- Executive Leadership
- IT, Software & Security
- Product Development
- Sales & Marketing
- Customer Success & Support
- Compliance & Quality Control
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time for unplanned sickness
and planned medical appointments
- Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Onsite Gym
- Shower for Cyclists/Lunchtime Fitness Buffs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Apply – You will complete a comprehensive online application to include your resume and other information.
- Review – We review job applications and resumes to screen for a variety of criteria.
- Phone or Video Interview – We conduct a preliminary interview to get to know each other better.
- In-Person Interview – When there’s a good fit, we bring you in for a face-to-face meeting.
- Offer – We make an offer to the candidate we feel is the best fit for the role.
- Onboard – Even before the start date, new employees will complete a series of tasks to be fully set up for day one, where you will also be part of a succinct onboard process to take you through all you need to know to get started.